DOWNTIME w/ B.D Graft
1) Location? Amsterdam, The Netherlands 🇳🇱
2) Years collaging? Three
3) What do you love and hate about collage? I love the expressive freedom it offers and hate how messy it makes my apartment.
4) Biggest influences? Artists: Willem de Kooning, Henri Matisse, Gehard Richter, Kurt Schwitters.
5) Analog Vs Digital? Always analog.
6) How do you spend your downtime? Making art (I work as a copywriter/marketer during the day), watching films, stuff with my girlfriend, occasionally skateboarding, and I love listening to music.
7) Three tips for someone starting out in collage?
1. Don’t worry too much about finding a style – just try different things and have fun.
2. Liquid glue is way too messy – use Pritt Sticks instead.
3. Get an Instagram account: it’s great for discovering great art and showing people what you do.
8) Up and coming shows or projects we should know about? Some cool collaborations are coming up, but they’re still secret ☺
Artworks (top to bottom)
'Egel' Handcut collage 'Zauberberg'
Handcut collage 'Casso 1'
Handcut collage 'India' Acrylic and paper collage
'Blumentopf 1' Handcut collage
'Untitled' Paper, acrylic and watercolour collage
'Standing' Handcut collage
'Pieter Bruegel the Elder - First Abstraction, 1563' Handcut collage