DOWNTIME w/ Patricia Bolinches (a.k.a laboli)
1) Location? Valencia. Spain 🇪🇸
2) Years collaging? 2 years
3) What do you love and hate about collage? I don't hate anything about Collage, everything that it generates for me is good.
Perhaps one thing I do not like is that is so underrated.
4) Biggest influences? Some of my references are: Collage: Sr. García, Isidro Ferrer. the Bauhaus movement.
Music: Goldfrapp, Yann Tiersen, Other lives, Chet Baker...
5) Analog Vs Digital? Both of them! It depends on the time I have and whether it is a personal or a professional custom project.
6) How do you spend your downtime? Free time I dedicate to my family and what time I have left over, I dedicate to such insignificant things like a country walks. Also listening to music while I cut is calming. I also like to go to the movies or spending time with friends.
7) Three tips for someone starting out in collage?
Make collage always with a reason behind.
Do not be afraid to experiment.
Generating stories and projects that will make them grow.
8) Up and coming shows or projects we should know about? I have a project with Mr. Garcia to make urban collage. We are very involved in this and we love to do big collages. Here is our work: http://www.soybyg.com/hacemos/ We would love to be able to intervene a wall in Sydney. And another personal projects I'd like to undertake is to have a solo show this year and soon begin to curate a group exhibition of collage artists.
Artworks (top to bottom)
'Smoke Signals' Paper Collage
'Financing' Paper Collage
'I'll Protect You' Paper Collage
'Untitled' Paper Collage
'Original and Copy' Paper Collage
'Tenacious' Paper Collage
'Selfie' Paper Collage
'ñam' Paper Collage