DOWNTIME w/ Nil Ultra
1) Location? Los Angeles, California 🇺🇸
2) Years collaging? Officially and analog, it's been about five years.
3) What do you love and hate about collage? The same thing I love I also hate about it- there's always something to work on.
4) Biggest influences? Biggest influences are probably obvious, but currently I'm all about Eduardo Paolozzi and Wallace Berman. For tunes I'm jamming Baxter Dury, Action Bronson, and old Chilli Peppers. Authors? Erik fuckin' Larson. I have a group chat constantly going with illustrator Sterling Bartlett and art director Mike Jones, sharing our thoughts on our latest audiobook listens. Apparently, Bronson Pinchot does narration now- although not in the Balky voice, unfortunately.
5) Analog Vs Digital? Analog wins.
6) How do you spend your downtime? Watching movies with the old lady and hanging out with my dog.
7) Three tips for someone starting out in collage?
Avoid the computer
Change your blades often
8) Up and coming shows or projects we should know about? Yeah, there's some apparel collabs for the end of the year and early 2017. I'd love to show in Sydney sometime. Holler!
Artworks (top to bottom)
'Working The Edge' cut paper collage
'Have Rocket Will Fondle' cut paper collage
'Andrea' cut paper collage
'In Ruins' cut paper collage
'Deap Meening' cut paper collage
'Über Ich Und Du' cut paper collage
'Getting Ahead' cut paper collage
'Smokes Weed One Time' cut paper collage
'I Don't Work Toontown!' cut paper collage