DOWNTIME w/ Susan Ringler (aka Spinnerweb)
1) Location? I live on the east coast of the US 🇺🇸
2) Years collaging? I've been collaging for about 10 years.
3) What do you love and hate about collage? I love collage because it allows me to arrange images into my own surreal mood
I hate it when I can't find the perfect image!
4) Biggest influences? My influences are old school punk music, Kandinsky and Hannah Hoch.
5) Analog Vs Digital? I like doing both digital and analog, but prefer the tactile nature of analog.
6) How do you spend your downtime? Collaging is my down time from my mortgage paying job as a personal gardener.
7) Three tips for someone starting out in collage? My three tips for someone new to collage are:
1 - Open your mind
2 - Get your fingers dirty
3 - Don't try too hard
8) Up and coming shows or projects we should know about? I have no upcoming shows but would love to have one!
Artworks (top to bottom)
'It's Subjective' B5 bookcover analog collage
'A Distant Memory Of What She Might Have Been' A4 mixed media
'The Uphill Struggle For Self Acceptance' A6 analog collage on old book pag
'1947' 9"x 9" mixed media and illustration
'Lenten Rose' A5 mixed media on book cover
'Surreal Dreams' A3 mixed media collage and illustration
'Visionaries' size A3 analog collage
'Don't Box Me In' A5 analog collage on old paper